Board logo

GT1 update Mk2
Jon Ison - 30/7/04 at 06:44 PM

Got carried away on a test run, to top n hill n back turned into 20 miles, whoops............. nothing fell off either.

running a bit warm though, must get me some water wetter............

Jon Ison - 30/7/04 at 07:13 PM

just one pic Rescued attachment GT! !2.jpg
Rescued attachment GT! !2.jpg

Jon Ison - 30/7/04 at 09:19 PM

water wetter here.....

http://www.redlineoil.co.uk/first.htm

colibriman - 31/7/04 at 12:09 AM

does it work with antifreeze in the system or just water...

alister667 - 31/7/04 at 09:12 AM

John,
That looks class! Best of health to enjoy her. If she goes half as well as she looks she'll be a flyer!
All the best
Ali

ChrisBradley04 - 31/7/04 at 09:38 AM

Colibriman,
It works best with plain water. The more antifreeze you at into the system the less effective it becomes at enhancing colling. If I remember correctly, once you are 50/50 then water wetter has no benefit. There is a much better explanation of this on the bottle!!

BTW, my non-scientific testing showed a drop from 78C to 72C when I added water wetter/water mix to my R1.

Jon,
The car looks fantastic. I hope you are going to Donnington as I would love to see it in the flesh.

Regards
Chris

[Edited on 31/7/04 by ChrisBradley04]

Jon Ison - 31/7/04 at 09:23 PM

will sort a front end pic, too dark now, after doing a few mods to air intakes for rad n oil cooler looks like water wetter may not be need'ed after all, its been a touch warm today n a quick 15 min blast saw temps ok........... need to get susspension n corner weights set up next....... does it ever end ??

evo3500 - 2/8/04 at 08:31 PM

Hello Jon it looks the dogs!
post some more pictures.
Once again thanks for letting me view your car Ive finally made a start at mine. I managed to get a loom fron ken urwin motorcycles at doncaster helpful chap,got ecu off ebay, and clocks.Fitted it all up, and
it breathed into life she runs spot on .so now to finish the brakes and cooling.I will post some picture soon hopefully this weekend.

Speak to you soon Regards
Simon.

Jon Ison - 3/8/04 at 05:27 AM

Simon, check out the "Turbo" thread below in "locost related", you got too aint you ?

will put some pics this week.