Board logo

recent photos
macspeedy - 6/5/04 at 03:10 PM

most recent photos, showing inletmanifold and exhaust manifold (mk item)

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=gal&user=macspeedy&folder=May04

my favourite taken long exposure so a bit blurry but still cool Rescued attachment longexposurerunningin.jpg
Rescued attachment longexposurerunningin.jpg

SeaBass - 6/5/04 at 06:16 PM

Is that a proper brake/engine test bed? Do you build engines regularly? Looks like a nice setup...

Is it normal for the exhaust to run that hot?

lol Scotland near England, how I chuckled.

Cheers

[Edited on 6/5/04 by SeaBass]

macspeedy - 6/5/04 at 06:39 PM

Its an ex cosworth (1000bhp) dyno in a machine shop called engine services on the out skirts of Edinburgh the photo was taken with the lights off the shutter speed was 3 seconds! they can do almost anything with any engine they build a lot of pintos for stock cars, me its the first full build! the engine was putting out 160bhp and we are developing an engine management system at the same time.
Engine services number is 0131 4400201 ask to speak to Alec.

mangogrooveworkshop - 6/5/04 at 07:13 PM

That car of yours has never failed to impress me......I would say its the swiss watch of sevens.

A real hard act to follow!

[Edited on 6-5-04 by mangogrooveworkshop]

scotlad - 6/5/04 at 08:12 PM

that'll be Mr plenderleith 's shop then- i once got a pair o discs machined there. has a good reputation. the dyno machine is amazing though i've only seen it stopped, not running

[Edited on 6/5/04 by scotlad]

macspeedy - 20/6/04 at 09:43 PM

the car has now got lights and plumbing and a dashboard wiring is well underway looking for my sva date soon!! see here..

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=gal&user=macspeedy&folder=Jun%2004

[Edited on 20/6/04 by macspeedy]

scotlad - 20/6/04 at 10:21 PM

Excellent! looks like the blast in mine has done you good!!!!

greggors84 - 20/6/04 at 10:35 PM

Where did you get your rocker cover with filler cap at the back from? Or did you modify it your self?

scoobyis2cool - 21/6/04 at 01:51 AM

Greggors,

Europa Spares sell alloy rocker covers, not sure if that is where macspeedy got his but they look very similar. They sell them with the filler either at the front or rear

Pete

macspeedy - 21/6/04 at 08:38 AM

Its a burton item with homemade filler cap