Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Upper seat belt mounts
robinj66

posted on 16/7/07 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
Upper seat belt mounts

I have a robin Hood with a stainless monocoque construction. The rollover bar is approx 50mm OD and I have just welded on the rear stays (38mm CDS seamless tubing) which attach to the top of the rear panel.

Is there any reason why I can't mount the harnesses onto the rear stays? I was proposing to use brackets as per Chris G's new book although probably with 5mm plate. This would mean that the harness would be coming off the mounting at an angle - can anyone see any reason why (a) it wouldn't work and (b) it would fail the SVA [leaving aside the minimum height regs]

robinj66

posted on 17/7/07 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
In the absence of any opinions, has anybody got pictures of their upper seat belt/harness mounts?
mistergrumpy

posted on 17/7/07 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Do a search mate I've just been looking at the same and there are plenty about. I don't wanna be posting other peoples pictures.

40inches

posted on 17/7/07 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
Can you put up a photo, mark the bracket position, as not having seen the new book it's a bit difficult to visualise. Loads of pictures in peoples archives. My harness mounts are standard MK.

[img] [img]/upload/DSCI0074 (Small).JPG[/img][/img]

40inches

posted on 17/7/07 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Bugger!!!!! Photo in archive.
MikeRJ

posted on 17/7/07 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
Bugger!!!!! Photo in archive.

Display photo from archive, right click and select properties and then cut/paste the URL.

40inches

posted on 18/7/07 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
Doh! Thanks for that.Could understand it if it was the first image I'd put in a post down to last brain cell and that one isn't firing on all cylinders
robinj66

posted on 18/7/07 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Here are a couple of pics of the set-up

The second one shows the idea but I would propose using thicker plate to be welded onto the side of the rear stay.

The query is really whether the angleof the harness (coming horizontal off a diagonal strut) would be detrimental or an SVA fail. Any comments?

[Edited on 18/7/07 by robinj66]

[Edited on 18/7/07 by robinj66]

Peteff

posted on 18/7/07 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
If you have any of your tube left you could make a boss with a plate on the end and a nut welded to the back of it and mount it under your tube or on the side. Rescued attachment boss.jpeg
Rescued attachment boss.jpeg

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.