Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Rollgage
TTK77

posted on 21/1/05 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Rollgage

Can I found full-rollgage dimensions somewhere?? http://www.aa-racing.com still working on english pages...

[Edited on 21/1/05 by TTK77]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 21/1/05 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
You mean, you want dimensions for a roll cage? What sort of chassis are you wanting it for? I would just make one to fit, rather than to any dimensions you find on the web - maybe use a picture to get an idea where it mounts and where best to brace it etc...

Mark Allanson

posted on 21/1/05 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with joel, decide on the height you want, the radius of the turn, the seatbelt location you want and any reinforcements and GO BUILD! Rescued attachment RollBar.jpg
Rescued attachment RollBar.jpg

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Lawnmower

posted on 21/1/05 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
Did you make that yourself Mark Allanson?

I've got Ron Champiions book on how to make a buggy and it covers fish mouthing etc, but i'm not too covinced about his way of bending bits of metal!

guessing about 5-6cm diameter tubing, but what sort of wall thickness did you use on the steel round steel?

[Edited on 21/1/05 by Lawnmower]

Mark Allanson

posted on 21/1/05 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
The main tube is 2 1/4" x1/8" round seamless and bent with a clarke type bender, the stays are 2" x 3mm seamed and the belt crossmember is 2" seamless. I used tubemitre program to make the fishmouths, printed them out and fixed to the tube with masking tape, marked out and cut with a hacksaw and file finished.

All the weldls are arc welded except for the belt crossmember which is migged.

It is not high enough to offer full protection in the event of a roll, but the proportions LOOK just right - aesthetics over safety? - I don't intend rolling the car

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 21/1/05 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
Saftey devices link
Mark Allanson

posted on 21/1/05 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
It looks bloody strong, but where do the people go?

dern

posted on 21/1/05 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
I agree with joel, decide on the height you want, the radius of the turn, the seatbelt location you want and any reinforcements and GO BUILD!
I have to say that your chassis looks stunning. Something to aim for.

Regards,

Mark

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark Allanson

posted on 21/1/05 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
It's also VERY yellow considering that I am now going to paint the car blue

VERY photoshopped colours Rescued attachment Blucar.jpg
Rescued attachment Blucar.jpg

TTK77

posted on 30/1/05 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
Thats how they look now..

[Edited on 30/1/05 by TTK77]

http://www.aar.fi

Mark Allanson

posted on 30/1/05 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent welding, I like the multiple hole setup on the trailing arm bracket, you should be able to experiment with antidive geometry when you have finished.

Really nice

Rorty

posted on 31/1/05 at 03:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Excellent welding, I like the multiple hole setup on the trailing arm bracket, you should be able to experiment with antidive geometry when you have finished.

Really nice

Anti-squat?

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

Mark Allanson

posted on 31/1/05 at 07:01 AM Reply With Quote
He might do a lot of reversing!

Rorty

posted on 31/1/05 at 07:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
He might do a lot of reversing!

Very good.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

Peteff

posted on 31/1/05 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
Lightening holes? O.K. as long as two of them are same spacing as the holes in rear axle brackets, unlike the original book measurements. I know someone who made the mistake and wondered why he was mashing bushes.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

TTK77

posted on 31/1/05 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Holes

I think I will use blue ones..

[Edited on 31/1/05 by TTK77]

http://www.aar.fi

Peteff

posted on 31/1/05 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
Are you also having multiple holes for your damper mounts. You might end up with trailing arms at a strange angle, don't know what effect that will have but it might affect your panhard rod mounting as well.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.