Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: width between e & f help
kaymar

posted on 18/1/05 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
width between e & f help

can anyone advise me if as i am using a cortins/capri axle do i need to widen the span between e and f, also for those who have fitted a pinto what space you allowwed between the 2 h uprights,were gearbox bolts on to engine? hope i have made sense here. hoping to have main chassis finished with another 6 hours work or so, suprising how much can be achieved some nights compared to others. i guess chassis will of taken 40 hrs. regards martin
Mark Allanson

posted on 18/1/05 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
The H uprights are fine as per book with a type 9, but move the tranny tunnel uprights(K) back or they will foul the back end of the box. I didn't and have 1/4" of clearance on either side. As for the axle - I have fitted a capri axle and hope this helps

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

kaymar

posted on 18/1/05 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
thanks very much did you exstend length of k at all? should 1" further back be sufficient regards
Mark Allanson

posted on 19/1/05 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
I left K the same as book - hence my problem!

I cured the problem by getting a westfield gearbox mount which I recommend, only £10 and will save you HOURS of pratting around with the sierra one. Rescued attachment TunnelClearances.JPG
Rescued attachment TunnelClearances.JPG

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.