Board logo

MK Full rollcage dimensions - Can anyone help?
chrisspartan - 14/10/08 at 11:40 PM

Hi, I am drawing up my full rollcage for my MK Indy was wondering if anyone could help me with the MK factory rollcage dimensions as shown below.
I am 6 ft 1" and am assuming I would fit under a standard MK rollcage with a helmet on?

Thanks in advance
Chris

Description
Description

[Edited on 14/10/08 by chrisspartan]

[Edited on 14/10/08 by chrisspartan]

welderman - 15/10/08 at 06:48 AM

ive got a spare cage knocking around will have a look later for you Rescued attachment Image319.jpg
Rescued attachment Image319.jpg

welderman - 15/10/08 at 10:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by chrisspartan
Hi, I am drawing up my full rollcage for my MK Indy was wondering if anyone could help me with the MK factory rollcage dimensions as shown below.
I am 6 ft 1" and am assuming I would fit under a standard MK rollcage with a helmet on?

Thanks in advance
Chris

Description
Description

A = 450mm
B = 1000mm
C = 900mm

Not a factory cage, one i made up for someone, but made two.

Kriss - 15/10/08 at 10:40 AM

on an MK, it is possible to have the front mounts outside of the cockpit, being tall, my knees would interfear with it.

chrisspartan - 15/10/08 at 11:56 AM

Thanks for that welderman.

Kriss - I am planning to mount the tube inside the chassis but then bend the tube outboard of the chassis once I get to the top rail to give more elbow/knee room. I think thats what Mk do themselves.

procomp - 15/10/08 at 01:32 PM

Hi

I have said it many times but if you are ever thinking of using it under MSA conditions. Then i would do the research on what is allowable and what is not. All is clear if you consult a MSA blue book.
research how big a degree bend is allowed in the top tubes and what is allowed in terms of bends on the front roll-hoop and especially how it is mounted to the chassis.

Cheers Matt

Kriss - 15/10/08 at 01:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chrisspartan
Thanks for that welderman.

Kriss - I am planning to mount the tube inside the chassis but then bend the tube outboard of the chassis once I get to the top rail to give more elbow/knee room. I think thats what Mk do themselves.

yeah, i know how MK do it, i just think i will have issues around the knee area, its so tight already!

good luck with the build