Board logo

Mating J1, J2 and LC
ironside - 11/2/07 at 06:34 PM

Hello again,

Things are coming along. I've got my L assembly assembled and tacked to the front of the chassis. I also have J1 & J2 cut ready to tack to LC and the forward Hs.

Where are the ends of J1 and J2 supposed to meet LC? Is there supposed to be a bit of a gap between the outboard edge of J1/J2 and where the angled cut starts at the top of LC? Or is it supposed to go right to the edge of where the angled cut on LC begins?

Or do you just align it so that they're nicely perpendicular to the forward H tubes and allow them to touch LC wherever they want?

Assuming J1 and J2 are equal lengths and L is "straight" then the gap between the outsides of J1 and J2 and the angled cut at the ends of LC would be equal.

I've got a feeling I'm going to be told not to worry so much about these details . . .

Still, only a few more tubes after this one and then I can sit in rather than on the chassis.

Thanks,
Simon.

ecosse - 11/2/07 at 07:21 PM

Not sure if this is what you are looking for or not, but J1/2 are a set width as shown, which should be less than the width of LC.
Does that help any? Rescued attachment chassisfront.JPG
Rescued attachment chassisfront.JPG

ironside - 11/2/07 at 07:32 PM

So they are, I'd missed that diagram in the mcsorley plans. That's exactly the information I was after.

Thanks very much!