Board logo

Scuttle
splitrivet - 5/6/03 at 01:00 PM

Now Im back with the building bug (started the build in 1996 then got sidetracked for the last 6 years) Im now up to scuttle stage the book idea looks a bit mickey mouse to me.Thought of bending it up in tube then skinning with Ali any one else got any other ideas.
Bob

Mark Allanson - 5/6/03 at 07:17 PM

I made mine, it took 3 days, I am 90% happy with it. I get paid £8 per hour at work, 24 hours, I could have earned £192 instead.

It is made from 3 hoops of 13mm square section RHS and plated with 20g MS.

Buy one from MK, it will fit, look good, the screen will attach OK, and save you all the grief. Rescued attachment DCP_0735sml.jpg
Rescued attachment DCP_0735sml.jpg

robinbastd - 5/6/03 at 08:33 PM

£8 an hour makes you one of the best paid people in Cornwall Mark!

Mark Allanson - 5/6/03 at 10:03 PM

Not in the body trade, painters at ... first name rhymes with dodger and second name means the same as folding money (you know who!!) are taking home £2000 a month with bonuses,
I am temted to go back on the tools and sod the keyboard!!

splitrivet - 6/6/03 at 11:29 AM

I dream of earning £8 a month, sheer luxury Lol.Looks cool tho Marke how did u bend the Square section ???
Bob

Mark H - 6/6/03 at 12:27 PM

£8 a Month - hasn't Stoke got the minimum wage? Or are you a Cosavan refugee working off your debt?

Mark Allanson - 6/6/03 at 12:46 PM

I made chipboard templates based in the profile of the back of the nosecone (stretched in the x axis!) and muscle bent the RHS around it

Spyderman - 6/6/03 at 01:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mark H
£8 a Month - hasn't Stoke got the minimum wage? Or are you a Cosavan refugee working off your debt?

A good wage around here would be £5 an hour.

When was the last time you looked in the papers or job centre?

Due to the working families tax credit there are more and more companies offering the minimum wage these days.
It's the single guy or childless family that suffers the most.

We had to have 4 kids so we could afford to pay the mortgage!
Think we might have a couple more and then we might be able to furnish it.

Terry

splitrivet - 6/6/03 at 04:17 PM

Im an Albanian refugee actually working off the cost of being brought over in a shoe box and living in an old teapot int middle at lake
Bob: