Board logo

Best pedal box
Avoneer - 16/2/05 at 09:27 PM

Hi Guys,
Who makes a good aftermarket floor mounted pedal box that incorporates a single push rod and the Sierra master cylinder and cable operated clutch?
Cheers,
Pat...

Marcus - 16/2/05 at 09:30 PM

For the price, I think the MK one is hard to beat. I made my own, and it's the only thing on the car I'm not too happy about.
Saying that, it's in pieces at the moment will try and make it better this time!

Marcus

Avoneer - 16/2/05 at 11:12 PM

Anyone got any pics of the MK one and can it be supplied in a "cradle" as I will only have an ali floor.
Pat...

indykid - 17/2/05 at 09:57 AM

try this one pat. the brackets all weld to the bottom tube of the bulkhead, and cables run into tubes to locate the outer sheaths.

if you want more pics, i've got a few more.

hth
tom Rescued attachment pedals smaller.jpg
Rescued attachment pedals smaller.jpg

Avoneer - 17/2/05 at 12:44 PM

That's what I'm looking for.
Are they standard MK jobs Tom?
Still need to come and see you car at some point!
Off to Bristol this weekend though.
Cheers,
Pat...

indykid - 17/2/05 at 05:30 PM

yep, standard.
just give me a shout when you want to come round. i'm free all week, and at garage all weekend, most weekends.

nights are just about getting lighter too
tom

MikeR - 26/2/05 at 04:00 PM

Does anyone do a floor mounted peddle box that doesn't have the clutch / accelerator cable going through the lower tube?

Really don't like the idea of drilling holes in it to let lots of crud rust it from the inside unseen!

clbarclay - 26/2/05 at 06:58 PM

Three solutions.

Mount the peddle box up an inch so the cables clear the RHS

Do like the photo indykid attached and have the cables at an angle, so they clear the RHS

drill a large hole in the RHS, insert into the hole a tube that is a close fit, wel it in so that the cables pas throgh the tube and therefore RHS, but dirt etc. can't get inside the RHS.

[Edited on 26/2/05 by clbarclay]

MikeR - 26/2/05 at 07:39 PM

i hadn't noticed indykids cables at an angle!

clbarclay - 26/2/05 at 08:50 PM

Look at behind the clutch pedal at the back plate and you see the hole.

MikeR - 19/7/05 at 09:34 PM

Ok, I think i'm going to buy the MK pedal box.......

so here's the question, what do you get? Everything? or do i need to go sourcing bushes / bolts afterwards?

and why can't i mount the pedal box onto a bit of angle iron and then bolt that to the chassis rail (car's already welded up)

Avoneer - 19/7/05 at 10:39 PM

You should be able to do that.

I'm sure MK would sell the pedals, pedals and brackets, pedals, brackets and bushes and even the lazer cut plate with the tubes attached.
Give MK a ring or send Snoopy a U2U.

They're really great guys for bits like this.

Pat...