Board logo

Rear tunnel channel
scutter - 25/7/14 at 06:14 PM

Folks, I've just started looking at pluming and wiring the rear of the car and hate the area at the rear of the tunnel.

tunnel area
tunnel area

I was thinking of making up a little S shaped steel plate to separate the loom from the fuel and brake lines at this point. As long as the flammable fluids are kept out of the passenger compartment can anyone see any issues with this?

Regards Dan.

big-vee-twin - 25/7/14 at 08:32 PM

I ran wiring in one corner of the tunnel, brake line in another corner and fuel lines one in each corner.

scutter - 25/7/14 at 08:47 PM

I've a pair of fuel lines down one side and brake and wiring down the other.

Regards Dan.

The Black Flash - 25/7/14 at 09:37 PM

It's really awkward -plumbing down the tunnel is one area I was never really happy with. But I've done similar to what I think you are suggesting - I made an ally bracket with the fuel lines going over and the loom going under. I reckon that keeping it away from the prop is more important than keeping fuel lines miles away from electrics, especially once it's all wrapped and sleeved and anchored down.

Ironically in the brother in law's racing mini, the fuel lines have to go through the inside of the car in order to pass scrutineering. Funny old world.