Board logo

Where can i get some of these?
speedyxjs - 21/6/09 at 06:28 PM

I need some bolts but i think i may have to get them custom made.
Does anyone know where i can get some from/made up?

(sorry for the dodgy image, dont like paint) Rescued attachment Bolts.JPG
Rescued attachment Bolts.JPG

madrallysport - 21/6/09 at 06:30 PM

What material, grade of steel, also what thresd are you after on them?

madrallysport - 21/6/09 at 06:31 PM

What grade of steel do you need this made from, also what thresd are you after on the ends of them?

[Edited on 21/6/09 by madrallysport]

speedyxjs - 21/6/09 at 06:48 PM

Not sure about the strength. They are for my front wishbones so need to be fairly strong.
Threads are 12mm for the 16mm diameter and 14mm for the 20mm diameter.

speedyxjs - 21/6/09 at 07:00 PM

Do you think these would be ok?

madrallysport - 21/6/09 at 08:30 PM

Yea would be fine, you should be able to get them at your local hardware store, but make sure they are high tensile

chrisg - 21/6/09 at 08:35 PM

Am I missing something here?

Those Screwfix ones are plain bolts, don't you want shouldered?

Cheers

Chris

02GF74 - 21/6/09 at 09:01 PM

hmm, those are rather special - can't you use standard bolt but with a tube to sleeve them?

speedyxjs - 22/6/09 at 06:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
Am I missing something here?

Those Screwfix ones are plain bolts, don't you want shouldered?

Cheers

Chris

Does it make a difference? I was just thinking it would be alot easier to pop down screwfix later rather than having to wait for them to be delivered.

iank - 22/6/09 at 07:10 AM

Do you need a bolt with a 20mm shank (the flat bit) and a 20mm thread? (and 16mm/16mm) Which is what the screwfix bolts are (their HT bolts are marked 8.8 incidentally so should be fine for suspension)

But that's not what you've drawn (head is also too thin) which I think is causing the confusion.

What you've drawn looks more like the subframe bolt on a mini which has a larger shoulder with a thread of a different diameter.
http://www.minisport.com/acatalog/info_21A2596.html

[Edited on 22/6/09 by iank]

speedyxjs - 22/6/09 at 09:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by iank
Do you need a bolt with a 20mm shank (the flat bit) and a 20mm thread? (and 16mm/16mm) Which is what the screwfix bolts are (their HT bolts are marked 8.8 incidentally so should be fine for suspension)

But that's not what you've drawn (head is also too thin) which I think is causing the confusion.

What you've drawn looks more like the subframe bolt on a mini which has a larger shoulder with a thread of a different diameter.
http://www.minisport.com/acatalog/info_21A2596.html

[Edited on 22/6/09 by iank]

I was looking for a bolt like i have drawn (what my donor car used) but didnt think about using a normal bolt until after i had posted this thread.
If you think i can use a normal bolt, it will be alot easier