Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Autojumble @ NEC
PioneerX

posted on 8/1/04 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
Autojumble @ NEC

Guys,

Just planning my weekend, found out that 'The Great British Autojumble' is on at the NEC this weekend.

Anyone been before, is it worth going to from a locost perspective ??

Simon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MK9R

posted on 8/1/04 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
i've never been but it will be mega busy up there, autosport international is on this weekend

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chris.russell

posted on 8/1/04 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
went to the trade day of the autosport event, found it fairly interesting but it seemed to have lots missing compared to last year
chrisg

posted on 8/1/04 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PioneerX
Guys,

Just planning my weekend, found out that 'The Great British Autojumble' is on at the NEC this weekend.

Anyone been before, is it worth going to from a locost perspective ?

It's not really an autojumble in the proper sense, as the prices of the stalls put off any secondhand dealers, everything is new.

Having said that if you're buying new it's as good as any of the kitcar shows.

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Metal Hippy

posted on 8/1/04 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
So it's pretty crap then?

Cock off or cock on. You choose.

chris.russell

posted on 9/1/04 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
in a word, yes

....but the ferrari stand is well worth a look, as is the caterham test track thing and the WRC section

Hugh Paterson

posted on 9/1/04 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
Auto sport wasnt too bad, burds on stands a bit of a disappointment too skinny for may tastes. best car IMHO was the Palmer track day special, but the Carbon fibre body is a bit OTT, good place to compare the price bits/suppliers. The Coffee is naff, the chassis on the XTR is jobbies too, first chance I had to get a closeup view of it. The engine in the DAX on their stand is NUTs, though wasnt too impressed with the fabrication of the wishbones/Suspension detail. Nice staff on the radical team, but the salesman we talked to could not sell sand to an Arab
Had far to much to drink the night before the show, but all in all not a bad day out.
Shug.

Alan B

posted on 9/1/04 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hugh Paterson
........but the salesman we talked to could not sell sand to an Arab.......

Erm, Shug...wouldn't that be quite difficult even on a good day..? Don't Arabs have shitloads of sand already?....LOL (or is one of us mixing up our metaphors..?)

Any pics of anything interesting?

I agree you can keep the skinny ones...I like some meat on the bones..

[Edited on 9/1/04 by Alan B]

chrisg

posted on 9/1/04 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chris.russell
in a word, yes

....but the ferrari stand is well worth a look, as is the cateringvan test track thing and the WRC section

I doubt all that stuff will be at athe AUTOJUMBLE as well as the AUTOSPORTS show - two different events.

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Hugh Paterson

posted on 10/1/04 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
Alright alright so Im thick Alan, and a bit of a dummy, coals to Newcastle might have been better but u got the drift, sort of like two dummies talking crap on the same stand suppose. Got some phots but there in Steves digital, will talk to him after the weekend see if he cant post em, NOT that we are into the art of plagiarism you understand, lots of potential developments in the pipline from my gawking though
Shug.

Alan B

posted on 10/1/04 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, yeah....I knew what you meant, I think that's what amused me..........don't you just love the banter on here?
Yes, any pics would be nice...and of course purely for research only..

Northy

posted on 10/1/04 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
Alan, here's one from last year to keep you going! Rescued attachment Ass.jpg
Rescued attachment Ass.jpg

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

Alan B

posted on 10/1/04 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers..
Hugh Paterson

posted on 10/1/04 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
One has to wonder about Grahams kind of research
Shug.

bob

posted on 10/1/04 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
Ahh yes i remember them now i've seen there faces

Northy

posted on 10/1/04 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
I did a bit of research on the Westfield stand..... Rescued attachment Westfield.jpg
Rescued attachment Westfield.jpg

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Northy

posted on 10/1/04 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
And a bit of research on the BK Wheels stand......... Rescued attachment BK.jpg
Rescued attachment BK.jpg

Graham

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.