Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: South Brum Meet-9th of November
omega0684

posted on 27/10/09 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
South Brum Meet-9th of November

hi all,

Just to let you Midlands rabble know that the November South Brum Meet will be on the 9th of November NOT the 2nd!

With Halloween this weekend and Bonfire night in the week im sure that most will be attending some sort of halloween party of bonfire bash & will be spending time with their families. So with this in mind i have decided to move it back a week.

Venue is the usual place

The Old Washford Mill
Inknield St Drive,
Redditch,
B80 7BD

Map Linky

See you all there, 7:30as usual, i will send e-mail to those of you who have sent me your e-mails,

All new comers welcome!

Alex

[Edited on 27/10/09 by omega0684]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mads

posted on 27/10/09 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
I should be there hopefully!

Alex - you need to edit the title of your post too

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

twybrow

posted on 27/10/09 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
So is that the 2nd, the 9th, or the 10th we are meeting? For thee confusion caused (and his new hi-flyer status), I think Alex needs to get the first round in!
omega0684

posted on 27/10/09 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
sorry guys title edited, it was mads' u2u that threw me.

THE MEET IS ON THE 9TH!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
twybrow

posted on 27/10/09 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
Don't think that gets you out of the first round...!
mads

posted on 27/10/09 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
sorry guys title edited, it was mads' u2u that threw me.

THE MEET IS ON THE 9TH!

i was just seeing if you were on the ball. as twybrow said, first round is on you!

btw, is anyone bringing their other halves along? missus was wondering if she came with would she be the only lady there again... Btw Claire, I know you are a lady but you know more about cars than some of us gents!

[Edited on 27/10/09 by mads]

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

clairetoo

posted on 27/10/09 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mads

Btw Claire, I know you are a lady but you know more about cars than some of us gents!

[Edited on 27/10/09 by mads]

Aww shucks , I'm blushing now

I'm hoping to be there in my Ebay Alfa ....... if it passes it's MOT on Friday

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

omega0684

posted on 28/10/09 at 11:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
I'm hoping to be there in my Ebay Alfa ....... if it passes it's MOT on Friday

brilliant can't wait to see that thing running properly,

i'll be coming straight from work i reckon so you will more than likely find me eating in the restaurant on my own, lol

MikeR

posted on 29/10/09 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
they serve food to the table ...... remember the other month a couple of us got food.

I may have Sarah with me - depends on a 101 factors (but if i don't i'll hopefully have her alfa with me for the recently employed to look at)

mads

posted on 29/10/09 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
I may have Sarah with me - depends on a 101 factors (but if i don't i'll hopefully have her alfa with me for the recently employed to look at)

Mike, let me know if she is/not cos I think it may be a factor in Rachael coming too...

omega0684

posted on 29/10/09 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
they serve food to the table ...... remember the other month a couple of us got food.

did an AA route planner the other day from milton keynes to redditch and it said it would take 1h 45 minutes so if i finish work between 5-6 then i might make it in time.

you should see my car now its so depressing, no suspension and no rear axle

MikeR

posted on 30/10/09 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
I will have the alfa, but i won't have the g/f with me,

I just couldn't persuade her that an evening in south brum with a bunch of kit car lads (and the occasional lass) was worth leaving the house for.

vindicator

posted on 30/10/09 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be there and I should have the electric brake switch fitted instead of relying on the brake fluid switch (which is a pain in the a**e).

Cold in a Vindicator...never.....any time of year....

regards

TimR

timr.spaces.live.com---build blog

omega0684

posted on 31/10/09 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vindicator
I'll be there and I should have the electric brake switch fitted instead of relying on the brake fluid switch (which is a pain in the a**e).

TimR

haha, do you not have a peddle then

prawnabie

posted on 31/10/09 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Pending a decent rolling road this monday I will be there - All thats left for me to do over the winter is to re-body the car now!
vindicator

posted on 2/11/09 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
had a nice day on sunday working in the garage and upgrading the eletric brake light switch from the pressure brake fluid switch. Turns out it was very easy to do....

eletric brake light switch
eletric brake light switch

see Alex, I do have a peddle as well.....

regards

TimR

MikeR

posted on 2/11/09 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
Tim,

I'd look at that accelerator cable mounting. It looks like you twist the cable as you accelerate from that picture. This will eventually make the cable break resulting in a distinct lack of errr .... go.

But at least people will see you're stopping now

Hope to see you on Monday.

vindicator

posted on 2/11/09 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
Mike,

The original cable broke a month or so ago and the RAC came out and made up a new cable. This was when I found out that the return spring on the other end of the cable (it was a deck chair spring) did not allow full throttle to be used. I have known for a long time that the engine power was down but did not know it was the deck chair spring causing the problem.

I have left this cable in situ at this time knowing that the replacement cable was thinner than it was originally. This is the next job to get round to later this month. But have you tried to get a replacement spring....Have got one of those clear boxes full of springs, but they are not stiff enough to bring the accel pedal to idle. At this time I have two on there and this is not enough.

Will have to try a few scrape yards....

regards

TimR

smart51

posted on 8/11/09 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Are we still on for Tomorrow?

mads

posted on 8/11/09 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
yep, i'll be there for definite as i've got to pick your collective brains! and omega is coming straight from work.

dave-69isit

posted on 9/11/09 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
meeting

shall be ther but will be late
MikeR

posted on 9/11/09 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
just about to eat and then set out - so should be early for once

(although will be leaving early as well)

vindicator

posted on 9/11/09 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, got home and had a big problem to sort out that could not wait. Very p***ed off...

regards

clairetoo

posted on 10/11/09 at 06:55 AM Reply With Quote
I set off - and just a couple of mile in to the journey my alternator decided I really needed at least 17volts.............so had to turn back , and limp home
ebay time..............

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

MikeR

posted on 10/11/09 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
Bad luck Claire - you where missed (unfortunately not for your charm - but for your mechanical expertise!)

For those that weren't completely bored by my eco ranting .....

www.withouthotair.com

David McKay has now been appointed gov. adviser on environmental things. Ask greenpeace about his book if you want a giggle The link has his book in PDF and web page format (and the option of buying it on paper if you want to support the bloke)

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.