Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Goodwood Revival
Nash

posted on 19/9/09 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
Goodwood Revival

All,

Just on my way back from Goodwood Revival and what a day!

We all got dressed up and the weather was great.

The whole day was petrolhead heaven. Great event, great cars and the circuit looked fabulous. There really isn't anything like it anywhere else.

I only managed to see three races, one qualifying session and the Stirling Moss parade but the off track experience was almost as entertaining.

Off track highlight was the Vulcan bomber display, absolute magic.

Next year we plan to do multiple days as there is simply too much to take in in one day.

Now all we have to do is get home, with everyone else

As ever............ Neil

Ben_Copeland

posted on 19/9/09 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Shame we had to miss it. Allison couldn't get the weekend off in the end anyway

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

mark chandler

posted on 19/9/09 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
Hello Nash

I went yesterday and agree, even the cars in the car park are worth a good look before you enter the site proper !

I watched quite a few races... noisy or what, no silencers at all, just a pipe straight out the back.

Its amazing how fast them old cars trundle along..... unbelievable so much better than watch F1 as they fight with the big wheels, This is what real motorsport is all about, man fighting machine to go fast not technology, most of the stuff running you could make when you get under the skin, my next project formed in my mind as I walked around.

Cheers Mark

Nash

posted on 19/9/09 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
Ah Ben you missed a real treat. never mind we'll do it next year fella!

Mark, your're right no-one worried about 101dB there

It was (is) a fantastic specticale and don't they give those old (and in some cases very expensive) cars some stick!!

There was a great Miini race today with Darren Turner, Martin Brundle, Rowan Atkinson, Bill Sollis all giving it very large! Close and big ones out racing!

as ever............Neil

It's What You Do Next That Counts.

Build It, Buy It, Drive It:
Southern Kit Car Club

Humbug

posted on 20/9/09 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
I was there yesterday too. For a change we got a grandstand seat (at Lavant), which meant we didn't see so much of the "other" stuff, but had a great view of the action coming into, round and out of the corner. Also, we were just under the end of the take off and landing approach to the runway, so got some great views of the aircraft. A small selection of pics below. Rescued attachment 2009-09-19 Goodwood Revival.JPG
Rescued attachment 2009-09-19 Goodwood Revival.JPG

Nash

posted on 20/9/09 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
Humbug,
We didn't go for the Grandstand in the end but would be interested to know if you thought it was worth it?

I assume you could come and go from the Grandstand during the day?

.......Neil

It's What You Do Next That Counts.

Build It, Buy It, Drive It:
Southern Kit Car Club

Humbug

posted on 20/9/09 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
It was a bit pricey to be in the stand, so you pays your money and you taks your choice. I have been before, once with a grandstand seat (Woodcote I think, which had a good view of the chicane) and once with no grandstand seat, when it was a bit of a pain to get a place to see the action.

Good points about the stand:
- yes, you can come and go as you please
- somewhere to rest your @rse and be out of the sun/rain (delete as appropriate)
- a bit higher up, so better viewpoint

Not so good points
- price (I think it was about £45pp on top of the entrance ticket)
- if you go for just one day like us, you are sort of tempted to stay put to see as much of the racing as possible, so miss out on some of the displays, etc.
- Lavant stands are over a mile from the main entrance, so it is not so easy to pop out for half an hour

I think if (= when) I go next I might either get a stand near to the main straight, or go much earlier (yesterday arrived at about 10), or even camp the night before, to get in early and have a mooch, then find a place near the fence to plonk a chair for the day

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.