Board logo

Video Teesside Autodrome
PAUL FISHER - 24/4/08 at 10:42 AM

A few laps around Teesside on Monday,the sound is a bit crap,but a nice little battle at around 3;40 with Al "wadders" in his nimble and rapid little stuart taylor zx9,until he let me passed,so he could put me under some pressure,great fun.Its times like that I wish I had a rear view camera too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc1dv-wG16w

worX - 24/4/08 at 10:55 AM

Thats cool Paul!
You and Al seemed quite well matched round the slower stuff!

Steve

PAUL FISHER - 24/4/08 at 11:18 AM

Yes AL can drive,you could see him throwing it around,its a great handling car,well set upeven when I went passed I was only pulling away because of the extra power of the zx10r,although the stuart taylor is fair bit lighter than my caged Indy,and AL has not ate as many pies as me,but not a lot in it,its not a power circuit though as you can see,thats why the better handling cars faired better than the power cars,circuit knowledge and a well set up car was most important,Andy's pinto westfield although with 170 bhp was not under powered,was one of the quickest cars on the circuit,you will have to see if you can make the next one Steve.

worX - 24/4/08 at 11:27 AM

Can't even afford to get to my local track (Oulton) this year Paul (getting married), but I am doing the GOME 6 hour even at Mallory so will see if all my improvements have added up to much!!!

It sounds like that track would suit my car also - My cars prob not as light as a STM (and I'm DEFINITELY not as light as a Wadders!!!)but at 446.3 kilos with 15 litres of fuel it's a pretty light car... So would love it! How much was the day there mate?

Steve

[Edited on 24/4/08 by worX]

PAUL FISHER - 24/4/08 at 11:37 AM

Only £85,a bargain,you can't even get a airfield day for that now,like everything else they keep pushing the price of track days up

Andy D - 24/4/08 at 11:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
Only £85,a bargain,you can't even get a airfield day for that now,like everything else they keep pushing the price of track days up

.....and dont forget the free chips! Cracking vid Paul! Anyone notice the brave (or something else..) photographer on the outside of the "spectating" left hander! (towards the end of the clip)

coozer - 24/4/08 at 12:56 PM

Best £85 I've spent... really had a great day and am looking forward to it again.

By then I should have more power and be able to get past 5k rpm

PAUL FISHER - 24/4/08 at 01:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Andy D
quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER

.....and dont forget the free chips! Cracking vid Paul! Anyone notice the brave (or something else..) photographer on the outside of the "spectating" left hander! (towards the end of the clip)

He must be crazy Rescued attachment mad man.jpg
Rescued attachment mad man.jpg

worX - 24/4/08 at 03:26 PM

I think I'm 10 miles from Oulton max here. So for £85 I thought I'd check how far Teesside Autodrome was...........

route planner
route planner

Guinness - 24/4/08 at 04:21 PM

I spotted that camera man a couple of times too!

I was wondering if he knew about my spin there last year, where I ended up inches away from the tyre wall that Hellfire hit, but back end in first.

Or the Caterham that went massively wide, up the grass banking behind him and back down again (collecting a shed load of grass on the way).

Mike