Board logo

WLM/Surrey December meet - where?
Humbug - 27/11/06 at 09:54 PM

Sunday coming will be the first in the month - is there going to be a meeting? If so, where? I couldn't make the last one - too knackered after going to Bedford and back on the Saturday for a track day - but I'm up for this month, weather permitting.

Surrey Dave - 27/11/06 at 10:24 PM

Not Walton bleedin' mountain!!!

bob - 27/11/06 at 11:06 PM

Yep fridgeman mentioned a place aldershot area i think,other than that the only other inside and sit down venue is Box Hill Rykas cafe.

I'd say its up to the majority,as everyone knows i'm easy

ned - 28/11/06 at 12:15 AM

well unless details of this alternate aldershot venue emerge then it's back to the program which i do believe is boxhill at this time of year?!!

bob - 28/11/06 at 12:42 AM

I'm not that keen on the hill but its probably best this time of year, not as many crutch rockets and under cover.

Humbug - 28/11/06 at 06:45 AM

My vote is for Box Hill only because Walton's Mountain and Aldershot are a bit far for my liking...

donut - 28/11/06 at 07:21 AM

quote:

I'd say its up to the majority,as everyone knows i'm easy

That's not what Mrs Bob told me !!!!

Box Hill is cool for me.

scutter - 28/11/06 at 09:48 AM

Simon, a bit far for your liking you should try the trip down the M40.

I maybe down but i've yet to look at the shift planner.

ATB Dan.

Fozzie - 28/11/06 at 10:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Surrey Dave
Not Walton bleedin' mountain!!!

Got to agree there! the cafe there has gone from very very good, to downright abysmal
I can only think that the leases were kept very short due to the impending new bridge meaning the 'mountain' will be flattened....

However........the latest inquiry to the new bridge has now thrown out all of the plans......and it aint going to happen sometime soon.

I can only monitor the 'cafe' situation there and keep ya posted....... it must improve

Fozzie

martyn_16v - 28/11/06 at 03:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
Got to agree there! the cafe there has gone from very very good, to downright abysmal

Have they had another change of grease-pushers then?

I think i'm going to have to start finding even more reasons to work over Staines way, so I can go the the bacon sarnie van in Homebase carpark. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

bob - 28/11/06 at 03:29 PM

That must be the homebase next to halfords in staines,that little burger van does do a decent trade there so it cant be bad.

Fozzie - 28/11/06 at 03:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by martyn_16v
quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie

Have they had another change of grease-pushers then?

At least 3 this year Martyn!

Not tried the Staines one, but I have noticed a burger/bacon butty van, based in Focus car park in Monument Hill/Weybridge High Street... but..not sure if its there at weekends, have to investigate, and test of course

Fozzie

greggors84 - 28/11/06 at 07:01 PM

If you decide to go down and have a spare seat let me know Dan.

Would take my car, but need to sort out the alternator problems before I can go any distance.

bob - 28/11/06 at 07:12 PM

Yes rob, take the old london road at the roundabout and the car park is 100yds on the left,not the 1st car park as that is for the hotel.

Looks pretty much like its box hill,i'm not down to work sunday so i'll probs go in the tin top with conrod.

martthefridgeman - 28/11/06 at 10:01 PM

i dont think aldershot model car club will make a suitable venue. i popped in there after our november meeting and managed to clout my car a treat on the speed bump into the carpark, also the parking is on grass, ok when its dry but not after the monsoons of recent days. so not a winter venue unfortunately . MJA

bob - 28/11/06 at 11:09 PM

No worries re aldershot venue, big thanks for checking it out though

Looks like its defo box hill then.

scutter - 29/11/06 at 12:50 PM

Chris, I'm now working the weekend as the peace protesters are back

Catch you all next time.

Dan.

James - 29/11/06 at 01:00 PM

Can't make it unfortunately... got the family Xmas bunfight to go to.

Cheers,
James

Fozzie - 29/11/06 at 04:03 PM

Can't make it either! Every weekend until Christmas now mega-heaving busy....

Fozzie

Phil. S - 30/11/06 at 08:36 AM

Is this at 10am, same as last time?

ned - 30/11/06 at 09:05 AM

yup, sure is phil.

Ned.

Phil. S - 30/11/06 at 11:49 AM

I'll come along weather permitting, but it doesn't look promising

dnmalc - 30/11/06 at 11:03 PM

Box hill it is then

bob - 30/11/06 at 11:15 PM

The hill it is

theconrodkid - 3/12/06 at 02:23 PM

we all got sun stroke whilst up the hill
oh and dont believe bob if he mentions the coach load of Swedish student nurses

Surrey Dave - 3/12/06 at 07:26 PM

Rescued attachment winter stalwarts.jpg
Rescued attachment winter stalwarts.jpg

Phil. S - 3/12/06 at 08:16 PM

I ended up having to sort the front garden out. (been promising for weeks.) A real shame as it was a lovely morning for a drive out. I didn't even get time to put my new manifold on.

donut - 3/12/06 at 08:46 PM

I forgot ooops!

bob - 3/12/06 at 11:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by donut
I forgot ooops!

No suprise there then

Yeah a coach load of swedish nurses, i couldnt believe it myself

Pezza - 3/12/06 at 11:13 PM

my vans MOT run out sat, found out it needed new drums shoes, new front plate, and a cv boot had failed, so couldn't make this one unfortunatly

Humbug - 4/12/06 at 07:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Surrey Dave

I don't remember you asking permission to take that photo, Dave!

Still, good to see everyone, shame that all but two of us were big girl's blouses and had to come in tintops

Surrey Dave - 4/12/06 at 10:29 AM

Yeah but I had to bring my camera , and I did have a note from my mum about my verucca!

Fozzie - 4/12/06 at 10:14 PM

Yes Rob it did turn out to be nice later in the morning, (Crimbo shopping for moi), but at the time you would have left Hampshire, it was awful!

My son Luke called me from Portsmouth to say how bad it had been

Fozzie