Board logo

Is the Donny show any good?
Mansfield - 14/10/05 at 06:51 PM

My first show was Stoneleigh 2005, and I thought it was excellent. I am sure I missed something because there was so much there.

My second was Newark, and while I enjoyed it (search for Miss Newark), it was not a patch on Stoneleigh. Just not as many of the big names.

I am really pushed for time this weekend, but I know the shows I can get to are really few and far between.

Is the Donny show any good?

(Camera ready for Miss Donny pictures if it is)

(And I will post them- search for Miss Newark)

David

[Edited on 14/10/05 by Mansfield]

rusty nuts - 14/10/05 at 06:58 PM

Not as good a Stoneleigh but I hope to get there this weekend but suspect it may not be worth a really long drive. Just my opinion though

stevebubs - 14/10/05 at 07:30 PM

No other show matches Stoneleigh, and (IMHO) Donnington has gone steadily downhill.

Especially as TotalKitCar Live has stolen much of it's thunder with the Track day is tradiitionally held

theconrodkid - 14/10/05 at 07:37 PM

after last years fiasco i wont be going to donny again

Mansfield - 14/10/05 at 08:22 PM

Fiasco?

Danozeman - 14/10/05 at 08:38 PM

Fiasco??

Im thinking of going. Dont know if i can be arsed with the 3 hour drive to get there.

big_wasa - 14/10/05 at 08:56 PM

Hmmm same here ,Thats at least £50 and 8 hours I can spend on the chassis .......??

But I fancy a day out

Not been to Done before so what fiasco ?

theconrodkid - 14/10/05 at 09:07 PM

last year drivers had to pay,the club and camping area were the size of a 3 bed semi,toilets wre a right shitehole with no lights after dark,track day was moved to saturday,all in there were a lot of dissatisfied peeps there

BKLOCO - 14/10/05 at 09:16 PM

Well I'm going!!!!
They say they have rectified most of these problems.
Quite honestly who the f**k goes camping in England in October anyway?
I'm staying at my sisters 10 mins from the circuit.

Jon Ison - 14/10/05 at 09:29 PM

I think its gone downhill a bit, if your looking for bits there will be a few trade stands there but for me part of the fun of Donnington was the "locostbuilders" regular campers, for whatever reason this don't seem too happen anymore, a lot of builders have sold there cars and moved on........ Rescued attachment dony_-_portable_cinema.jpg
Rescued attachment dony_-_portable_cinema.jpg

dave-69isit - 14/10/05 at 09:41 PM

any bods camping im thinking off camping satarday night dont want to be only one there

Hellfire - 15/10/05 at 08:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
I think its gone downhill a bit, if your looking for bits there will be a few trade stands there but for me part of the fun of Donnington was the "locostbuilders" regular campers, for whatever reason this don't seem too happen anymore, a lot of builders have sold there cars and moved on........

OMG That's at least three years old - it has PTM on!

[Edited on 15-10-05 by Hellfire]

bob - 15/10/05 at 09:43 AM

I remember that camp well,good time was had by all.

Jons right though it seems to have died,we didnt bother withthe lap top for films after this we took a 4ft screen a digital projector and surround sound speaker system and a geny LOL

I think we have lost our edge