Board logo

Sunday 28th Harewood Hillclimb
sonic - 20/8/05 at 07:23 PM

Anybody going for a ride out in there cars

Its all gone a bit quiet lately whats everybody up to???????????????

[Edited on 20/8/05 by sonic]

JoelP - 20/8/05 at 07:34 PM

How do you enter the hillclimb? id love a go, but doubt id do very well as ive never even see the course! Is it advisable to do the harewood school day?

might come up to spectate.

Lotusmark2 - 20/8/05 at 07:51 PM

Hi Joel,
First you need to be a member of an MSA motorsport club (£10-£40PA), then you send off for your "none race B" licence which just involves writting a cheque for about £38 quid.
Then you submit your entry to the competition secretary of the event(usually about 3 months in advance).
Then off you go to GP racewear or Demon tweeks and had over about £3-500 for overalls and helmet etc.
Oh forgot to say when you send in your entry you also send a cheque for between £65-£120 entry fee.
errm think thats it but if you have any other questions, give me a shout.
Cheers
Mark

sonic - 20/8/05 at 07:54 PM

Best think to do is ask Mookaloid on here as he competes at Harewood

mookaloid - 20/8/05 at 10:24 PM

I'll be there

Joel, If you want to come along Ill be happy to talk you through the procedure - the training day is good but I found it was more beneficial after having tried the course a few times first.

Don't worry about not doing very well - to do well you need to spend loads of dosh. If you can get up the hill without trashing your car and if you can improve your times through out the day then you WILL enjoy yourself.

The best thing to do is come and have a watch first so that you get to know how the day works.

let me know if you are coming...

Cheers

Mark

JoelP - 20/8/05 at 10:59 PM

just cleared it with SWMBO, will be there too!

mark, i'll send you a u2u a few days before, see if i can manage to bump into you!

zilspeed - 21/8/05 at 11:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
How do you enter the hillclimb? id love a go, but doubt id do very well as ive never even see the course! Is it advisable to do the harewood school day?

might come up to spectate.

Joel - first move is to change the rollbar. That one is not any form of protection. But you knew that anyway........

JoelP - 21/8/05 at 02:35 PM

very true! i was thinking of removing the seat to gain clearance, and bracing it at the back

how bad is scrutineering at harewood? there are a few things it would probably fail on.

zilspeed - 21/8/05 at 04:34 PM

The roll bar is made from the wrong material I'm afraid. It needs to be to RACMSA spec for rollbars and to be braced as well. Ideally with a petty strut into the passenger footwell too.
Go and spectate and talk to a few blokes who will give you all the necessary advice. Then prepare over the winter for next year.

andyps - 22/8/05 at 12:58 PM

I am not a scrutineer, but I think you may find there are classes at Harewood you can enter without needing a rollbar - although they are obviously recommended. The full regs are herewww.harewoodhill.co.uk/HwoodEvents/entryregs.htm

Driving school is a good day, but not compulsary. The main requirement is an appropriate MSA licence and personal protective gear. Sense of adventure helps.

As already posted, I will not be there this Sunday, but will be around for the September event looking after the corporate sponsor we have for that event.

JoelP - 28/8/05 at 02:01 PM

well, ive just got back from one of the most fun days ever! Some seriously nice cars, had a chat with a few people (cheers mookaloid!) and got about 90 photos. Heres one of mark blatting through the esses Rescued attachment mookaloidclimbing.JPG
Rescued attachment mookaloidclimbing.JPG