Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Exciting News
eddie99

posted on 2/6/11 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
Exciting News

As most of you know, this time last year I started SuperLooms. Well now SuperLooms is becoming active again soon within a new company Elite Motorsport Engineering. I have setup this company to deal with more parts than just electrics. As I am currently doing deals with suppliers, I can now offer race/kit car specific parts at competitive prices.

Well some exciting news is that the revised Global race car with a new chassis and bodywork is currently being designed. The chassis has been finished and the bodywork is well under way. This car is being built for 750MC bikesports but will also be eligible for other race series. The first one will be built for myself but we are hoping to be able to get someone on board that can build the second one alongside so we can do the development work quicker.

For those of you that don’t know, Bike sports is a championship for sports racing type cars with bike engines. Bike sports is a growing series with at least three brand new cars being developed for the end of this season/next season.

The classes run as A – 1300-1500cc, B – 1200-1300, and C – upto 1000cc.

Our first time out at Snetterton we were fastest in class C and midfield overall, beating some hayabusa radicals and the likes. I am certain that with these developments we will be moving further up the field even with the zx10 and am in no doubt that with a Class A engine we can challenge for overall wins.

We are looking for this person, who is either an experienced racer, or someone who wants to get into racing or someone that might even be interested in a road version.

The car will be around the £10k-£15k mark depending on engine choice, which is a lot cheaper than anything currently being offered out there.

The website and online shop should be up in the coming few weeks with more information but if anyone has any questions or is interested, please dont hesitate to U2U me.

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
blakep82

posted on 2/6/11 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
awesome good luck with it.
so are you building your own chassis and selling them, like complete cars? wish i could do that

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

eddie99

posted on 2/6/11 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
Happy to supply it in various forms, but would love to get a few running. Just cant afford to run them all by our self. Happy to supply to whatever the customer wants really. As kits or as built or half built etc....

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
omega0684

posted on 2/6/11 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
what sort of parts are you able to offer eddie?

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
eddie99

posted on 8/6/11 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
First Draft CAD model of the body.

First Draft of Body
First Draft of Body

flibble

posted on 8/6/11 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
Me likey very much
designer

posted on 8/6/11 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Nice, bit like a US DSR racer.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Stuart_B

posted on 9/6/11 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
that is going to look great, i am home now edd, so i will call you

black mk indy, 1.6pinto on cbr600 bike carb's.

eddie99

posted on 9/6/11 at 11:43 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, Speak this weekend mate. On Monday i am ordering the steel for the chassis so will get a start playing with the chassis to sit in and play around with etc... Now its a bit of alterations to the body, playing with various ideas and getting it properly surface modelled.
MK9R

posted on 10/6/11 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
looks good Ed, BTW you have a u2u

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

eddie99

posted on 10/6/11 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Austen, replied to.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.