Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Type 9 speedo take off measurements wanted
miikae

posted on 15/9/09 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
Type 9 speedo take off measurements wanted

I am going to fit a electronic speedo impulse sender to the type 9 gearbox but its well boxed in, so i wonder if anyone can give me some measurements useing the gearshift top plate as a refferance point , Xmm down and Xmm forward etc , so i can then use a large hole cutter to gain access before fitting the sender unit.

I have got a spare Rocket box but not sure if the dimensions would be the same.

The reason for doing this is that magnets i have on the diff flange are ok up to 70mph but over that the speedo readings seem to give a lower reading and not too stable when dropping speed after either.

Thanks

Mike

If it can be done it i will be done .

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MautoK

posted on 16/9/09 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
Here's a pic for you, Mike.
Type9 Side View
Type9 Side View

HTH
John.

He's whittling on a piece of wood. I got a feeling that when he stops whittling, something's gonna happen. (OUATITW/Cheyenne)

miikae

posted on 16/9/09 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
Many thanks for that John, that should make things a bit easier , X markes the spot then drill a 3" hole in the tunnel in the morrow, it looks like it maybe the same position as the Type E Rocket i have as i checked it out today & it looks like they may well be the same.

Mike

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MautoK

posted on 16/9/09 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
...then I re-read your msg, so here's what you're after, I hope:
Type9 Side View 2
Type9 Side View 2

John.

He's whittling on a piece of wood. I got a feeling that when he stops whittling, something's gonna happen. (OUATITW/Cheyenne)

miikae

posted on 16/9/09 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks again John you are a star.

Mike

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.