Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Goodwood track day
pewe

posted on 16/3/09 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Goodwood track day

For our first foray we went to the Lancia Drivers Club meet there on Saturday.

Such an amazing experience driving one of the most famous circuits in the country.

It really is a very testing circuit but beautifully smooth so that the faster we went the more planted the car felt.
Not that we were that fast - the guy in the Alfa GTA caught us about three quarters of the way around the lap on each session having left the pits 10 seconds after us!!

The day went well apart from developing brake trouble late afternoon at which point we called it quits.

Spotted a locost in the public car park on the out-field - anyone on here?
If you go again bear in mind that on most days you can access the in-field via the tunnel as the flying club allows free access.

Can't wait until the next track-day probably Abingdon or Hullavington once the brakes are sorted.
Cheers, Pewe Rescued attachment F27 Goodwood 14-3-09.jpg
Rescued attachment F27 Goodwood 14-3-09.jpg

Worzey

posted on 16/3/09 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
I've thought about doing Goodwood for a while but was concerned that the long straights and sweeping curves didn't really suit the 7 as it tops out to early.

What sort of speeds did you see on the straights?

The fact that the GTA caught you so early kind of answers my question.

What engine/bhp do you have?

Bet it was still great fun

pewe

posted on 17/3/09 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
Worzey, more fun than you can shake a stick at!
Track is super-fast and we saw about 110 down the back-straight but a mate who used to sprint formula cars reckoned he used to see about 135 - 140! Also I suspect that we weren't carrying enough speed through the corners to make for super high speed down the straights.
The guy in the GTA is a well-known racer having done le Mans etc. etc. so it wasn't really a fair comparison (who am I kidding?)

Thing about a track-day though it isn't a race so just the buzz of driving there was more than enough.
Having said that I've a 3.55 diff to replace the current 3.95 as generally mine is too low geared.
Engine is 2.0l blown producing about 150bhp.
Cheers, Pewe

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.