Board logo

£1.99 aeroscreen
Paul (Notts) - 27/3/08 at 07:03 PM

Made a simple aeroscreen today from a bmw motorbike front screen. Total cost £1.99

Completely changes the driving experience in the car. Before I found it hard to see over 20mph with just my glasses on as my eyes started to water. With a helmet on at 70+ I could feel the air flow trying to lift my helmet if I raised my head or turned sideways a little.

Now I can pop about at 40mph with just my glasses and at high speed with the helmet on I can feel the air flow hitting the top of the helmet and pushing down slightly, + I can have my visor part open.

Very pleased wit it as I could not afford to bu a proper aeroscreen.

Paul Rescued attachment new 010.jpg
Rescued attachment new 010.jpg

roadrunner - 27/3/08 at 07:07 PM

Looks nice and tidy Paul, i have noticed a few people of late going down this line and i quite like the idea of having two defletors, what would be the best bike deflector for this job.

twybrow - 27/3/08 at 07:23 PM

Good job sir. It looks good. How is it attached?

Jimbob - 27/3/08 at 07:54 PM

Now thats got me thinking. To the local breakers to see what will work best!

jlparsons - 27/3/08 at 08:03 PM

Looks a treat that, couldn't buy better purpose built. Perhaps an oportunity for someone to source the part from the manufacturer and flog them on to the rest of us...?

nitram38 - 27/3/08 at 08:47 PM

You lot are just copy cats !

Description
Description

Puk - 27/3/08 at 09:18 PM

Nice aero screens, and you saved money by using a cardboard scuttle too. Uncle Ron would be proud.

ruskino80 - 27/3/08 at 11:48 PM

hi paul do you mind me asking about your bonnet catches,i can just see them in one of your photos and i like the look of them.cheers rich

02GF74 - 28/3/08 at 07:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul (Notts)
Completely changes the driving experience in the car. Before I found it hard to see over 20mph with just my glasses on as my eyes started to water. With a helmet on at 70+ I could feel the air flow trying to lift my helmet if I raised my head or turned sideways a little.

Now I can pop about at 40mph with just my glasses and at high speed with the helmet on I can feel the air flow hitting the top of the helmet and pushing down slightly

nice one

it it surprising how much air get deflected - you can drive along and stick your arm out to feel the force of the air so can find out where the envelope is.