Board logo

Full face helmet bluetooth
greenwood03 - 28/8/09 at 11:50 AM

thinking of getting a new helmet - its purely for use in the car ( yes i'm sure there are many funny quips)....
dont wnat to spend fortunes as only used for m/way driving - irregular and track days. have seen the flip front jobbies and see that some also have built in bluetooth. wondered if anyone here uses these types of helmet? any pro's/cons? and whats the bluetooth connection like - is it really useable or a gimmick? having had various b/t bits of pc stuff indoors that often failed to connect am wondering if its practical?? chrs

Mr Whippy - 28/8/09 at 12:03 PM

I'm interested in this too for my bike as I like to listen to my i-pod, but would like it without the cable hanging down (it goes nuts in the slipstream). Plus some proper noise and wind reduction would be nice too.

BenB - 28/8/09 at 12:56 PM

Might just be my bluetooth headset or my phone but don't really get on with mine all that well. Sometimes the switch between music and a phonecall doesn't work that well (the call gets connected but I can't hear them and they can't hear me!!) and occasionally I get interference (strangly on music mode only, not phonecalls)....

Hector.Brocklebank - 28/8/09 at 01:27 PM

hello

Nolan make a blue tooth set of electronics compatible with their n-com rage of lids, and there are a few after market companies who make add-on units if you search

bluetooth #1

intercom with phone/ipod mode

bluetooth again

Slater - 28/8/09 at 08:13 PM

Try Nolan N43 Air Classic, it has an N-Com thingy.

I have the helmet, but have not used the N-Com yet.

Nolan N43 Air Classic
Nolan N43 Air Classic

[Edited on 28/8/09 by Slater]