Board logo

Anyone get caught out yesterday?
Andi - 6/7/09 at 08:17 AM

In the rain that is.
I set off in glorious sunshine in a t shirt, half hour later in Burton the mother of all downpours descended. By the time id stopped the car, unbuckled and opened the boot I was far too wet to put on the bikey romper suit and helmet

Mr Whippy - 6/7/09 at 08:21 AM

I have sun burn

nick205 - 6/7/09 at 08:46 AM

Sun, Sun and more Sun here yesterday - didn't manage to get out in the Indy tho'

coozer - 6/7/09 at 08:58 AM

Was very warm and sunny until about 4.30, big black cloud with rolling thunder, flashing lightening and tons of water coming down... an hour later it was dry sunny and warm again. Crazy

tegwin - 6/7/09 at 08:59 AM

I took the TVR out yesterday in the sun...

I managed to find the mother of all downpours as well...... The damn thing has a solid roof and yet I still managed to get absolutly soaked inside...40 year old seal designs and screen mounts are rubish!....

Mr Whippy - 6/7/09 at 09:21 AM

thunder and lightning & torrential rain over Aberdeen right now and guess who forgot the waterproofs for the bike

mad4x4 - 6/7/09 at 09:29 AM

HAd a quick shower or rain in Dyce just now but didn;t see or hear the thunder & lighting

[Edited on 6/707/09 by mad4x4]

Danozeman - 6/7/09 at 09:37 AM

It started spitting here so i went to get the washing in and put the lawn mower away. Absolutley chucked it down while i was out there, went indoors and the sun came out again and didnt rain anymore. Lasted about a minute.

Nice and refreshing i was sweating like a pig.

Mr Whippy - 6/7/09 at 09:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mad4x4
HAd a quick shower or rain in Dyce just now but didn;t see or hear the thunder & lighting

we're in Westhill, its right over us now just had a flash and clap 3 seconds apart Rescued attachment lightning.JPG
Rescued attachment lightning.JPG

omega0684 - 6/7/09 at 10:13 AM

its forecast rain here later from about 15:00 onwards and its out meet tonight

Mr Whippy - 6/7/09 at 10:22 AM

I have this on one of my screens, very handy for seeing what awaits me going home

rain map linky

JoelP - 11/7/09 at 09:16 PM

i got caught out at work with worktops outside, strained my back trying to get them inside, then went flying on slippy wooden decking and proper did myself in!